Departments of Statistics, Health Studies, Anesthesia & Critical Care,
The Committee on Clinical Pharmacology, and the College,
The University of Chicago
Last modified September 11, 2009
- Is the book in print?
Yes. In fact, the publishers recently issued a new printing on nicer
paper than the first printing.
- Where can I purchase a copy of the book?
- Visit your local technical bookstore. If they don't have it in
stock, or if you prefer to buy a copy right now via the Internet, then
click on the following link to
- Get information and
order a copy through Amazon.com
- What is the most recent edition?
The first edition is still in print. I have started
work on revisions for a second edition. [Comments and suggestions are
- Does the current edition contain any errors?
I prefer to think of them as opportunities for
improvement. In the meantime, I have compiled a set of errata, which
can be downloaded in Adobe PDF format. [PDF Format; 239K]
- When will volume 2 come out?
I have seriously started my efforts to finish
compiling my materials for volume 2. It is premature to predict a
completion date, but the expected time to completion is no longer
infinity! [Comments and suggestions are
- General Info
About RT (including how to reach me)
- Current CV [PDF format] 3/2010
- Errata to Elements of Statistical Computing [PDF Format]
- Manuscript, "What is a P-value?" [PDF Format; 220K] 5/25/98, updated 4/18/10
- Slides from JSM 2014 lecture, "Reproducible Research, Replicability, and Ethical Practice" [PDF]
- Computer Architecture article, from Encyclopedia of
Biostatistics [PDF format; 117K]
- Report of the Convocation Committee, 1997 [PDF format; 425K] 7/9/97
- Data sets with restricted access:
- Images from Cozumel
- Bradley Efron, ScD Chicago, '95 --- My advisor
with friends at UofC